Customers benefit from Companion Data Services’ (CDS) health care industry expertise and superior service, with solutions built from the ground up with security and best practices. Our parent company, as well as our corporate affiliates, support states through a variety of contract vehicles and proven experience.
Maryland Department of Information Technology – Consulting and Technical Services Plus (CATS+)
In January 2017, CDS was awarded a 12-year contract to serve as a CATS+ Master Contractor for five functional areas on the contract. The purpose of the Maryland Consulting and Technical Services Plus (CATS+) procurement was to select vendors qualified to provide information technology (IT) consulting and technical services. The contract awarded provides the State with the flexible means of getting IT resources quickly and efficiently through the issuance of Task Order Requests for Proposals (RFPs) or Requests for Resumes (RFRs) specific to its needs.
CDS can provide solutions and services for five primary functional areas which include:
- Functional Area Three - Electronic Document Management (EDM) - Our scalable EDM solution, DocFinity, allows Maryland agencies the ability to establish and maintain electronic document imagining, management and workflow. It is a complete, web-based solution for document, content, business process/workflow and records management that allows secure capture of documents and customizes data across agencies.
- Functional Area Six – Systems/Facilities Management and Maintenance - We offer the Department of Information Technology (DoIT) our managed services and data center technical support and operations as an alternative source of its existing computer operations and data center facility support. CDS successfully transitioned and consolidated many data centers into our secure data center for Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
- Functional Area Seven - Information System Security - We work with the DoIT and other state agencies to plan, establish and test the recovery procedures required to provide services in the event of a failure. This is applicable from daily operations through an actual disaster recovery as appropriate for each projects’ requirements with regards to recovery time objective (RTO) and recovery point objective (RPO).
- Functional Area Ten - IT Management Consulting Services - CDS offers experience gained from providing project management services on more than 160 projects in collaboration with the federal government. We consistently meet project objectives and delivery dates, within budget and scope. Repeatable project management procedures and best practices are followed based on Project Management Institute – Project Management Body of Knowledge guidelines. Project procedures are documented per the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) 9001:2015 standards and used in execution of all project phases.
- Functional Area Eleven - Business Process Consulting Services - CDS brings DoIT and the other state agencies our Corporate Planning & Strategic Services (CPSS) group staff, who is educated, trained and experienced in a broad range of business disciplines. The CPSS team streamlines business processes and the development, implementation and support of process improvements. This eliminates redundancy, increases productivity and reduces cost to fulfill services needed.
CDS State Medicaid Contract Experience
CDS’ parent company has served as the Medicaid Fiscal Agent in South Carolina for more than 30 years. CDS staff has provided leadership direction, implementation services, technical expertise, project management oversight and account operational support for Medicaid programs in numerous states.
GSA Schedule 70
CDS has an Information Technology Professional Services (IT Schedule 70) Indefinite Delivery Indefinite Quantity multiple award. This lets us provide the government with direct access to products, services and solutions. IT Schedule 70 is the largest, most widely used acquisition vehicle in the federal government. See the (IT Schedule 70).